play Push Mode in Overwatch 2: Overwatch 2 now has a new game mode called “Push” that players are eager to discover. This mode is an innovative take on the escort system of Overwatch 2. You can attack and defend simultaneously.
Although the core gameplay is simple, controlling the match can be difficult. Let’s now learn how the Push mode works in Overwatch 2 and some tips.
Overwatch 2 Push Mode Explained
In Push Mode, players from both teams attempt to control the robot to reach the opposing team’s spawn points. This is what happens in this game mode.
- This mode is on a Symmetrical Map. It gives both teams an equal chance of covering the distance. This mode can be played on these maps when this article was written.
- New Queen Street
- The Robots spawn at the edges of the map.
- After 30 seconds, both the robot and the payload look like a barricade unlock. This allows both teams to get to it quickly and begin fighting for control.
- When a team eliminates another, the robot will unlock and begin moving.
- The robot will push the barricade towards the other team, and players of the winning team will move along with it.
- A team that loses control over the robot can still regain it by eliminating the opposing team.
- Once the team has regained control, the robot will move towards the opposing team’s spawn.
- You must know that the robot is faster when it isn’t pushing against the barricade.
- The closer the controlling team is to it, the faster it moves. This applies in both pushing the barricade and turning back.
- Two win conditions exist here.
- The first step is where you get the robot and the barricade for the opposing team’s spawn.
- The second condition is. The team that can push the farthest distance wins. This distance is measured in meters from the center of the map.
Tips for pushing mode
These tips will help you win the match.
- You will gain an advantage in the match if you get the first checkpoint. You will be closer to the robot if you reach the checkpoint than if you start from the beginning.
- Divide the team for defense: Instead, if all the players surround the robot, disperse them and launch surprise attacks. This will increase your chances of controlling the robot.
- Be aware of crowd control when attacking: Although pushing together is essential, the chance of everyone being eliminated increases if all of the team is too close to the enemy’s AoE attack. Plan your attack so you can control the robot and take care of the enemies.
This is the guide on how to play Push mode in Overwatch 2. Also, check out our guides on Twitch drops, fixing unexpected server errors, and how to ping Overwatch 2.