Nintendo Switch Pro Controller & Joy-Con Drift: Have you ever experienced the issue where your character in the game starts moving, but you don’t move the Stick in your Joy-Con Controller or Joy-Con?
Are you having difficulty moving your character playing with Joy-Con or the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller or Joy-Con in any games?
You’re not alone, my friend. Your Nintendo Switch Pro Controller and JoyCon have a Drift issue.
This is usually the result of prolonged use or an issue with the product.
In this article, I’ll go over fixing the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller & Joy-Con Drift fix.
Nintendo Switch Pro Controller & Joy-Con Drift
The Drifting issue that occurs with Nintendo Switch’s Pro Controller & Joy-Con occurs because of something wrong with the calibration of the analog sticks.
Therefore, the most efficient solution to fix the Drift issue is to recalibrate your Nintendo Switch Pro Controller & JoyCon. Here’s how to accomplish it.
- To begin, open The menu called Home and navigate to System Settings.
- In System Settings, click the scroll to the bottom to find the Calibrate Control Sticks.
- Now, the menu of Control Sticks for Calibration will be displayed once you’ve selected the option.
- Once you are in calibration settings, a Pop Up Menu will be displayed. It will ask which analog Stick you wish to calibrate.
- When you click the analog stick that’s drifting the post, it will notify users that the customized settings for the analog stick are temporarily removed. So don’t be concerned about it and click “OK.
- After moving, when you move the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller or Joy-Con Stick, you can see how much or if the Stick is appropriately responding to Controllers or not.
- Reset the X key and follow the instructions provided to you.
Other options for Fix the Drift issue
If you follow these instructions, the problem with Drifting on your Nintendo Switch Pro Controller & Joy-Con should get fixed.
This step is required after you buy your Controller and the Joy-Con. If you’re lucky, the issue will be resolved. Otherwise, the problem is much more severe.
If your Nintendo Switch Pro Controller & Joy-Con has the Drift issue and is within the warranty time frame, I suggest you seek out Nintendo’s Customer Care.
It is the best choice. If that’s not feasible and you cannot do that, you’ll need to open either the Joy-Con or Pro Controller or Joy-Con and cleanse the analog stick using the aid of a Cleaning Tool for Contacts.
Then, reassemble the Pro Controller or Joy-Con and recalibrate it. Again, this procedure should be done under the supervision of a parent in case you aren’t skilled enough to do it.
A minor error could lead to massive loss. The best way to avoid this is to examine it by a technician and Nintendo.
If the issue is severe, replacing the device is the only and best solution. This is related to fixing the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller & Joy-Con Drift Fix in 2022.
We hope that this guide has been helpful to you. Also, you can check out our other directions, such as How to charge Joy-Cons with the Nintendo Switch.