Winners of the DICE Awards 2022: DICE has announced the 2022 annual awards winners, with a fairly even spread of titles taking home awards. Along with the Game Awards in December. Some games also won duplicate category awards. A few games won multiple awards. But there were no clean sweeps across the board.
This is the 25th annual DICE award. A prestigious award in the games industry. It honors not only big-budget AAA movies but also smaller independent films. Last year, Hades won a game of the year over AAA giants like The Last of Us 2.
There are 23 categories in total. So there are plenty of chances for a title to win.
Other multiple award winners include Halo Infinite, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Returnal, winning two awards each.
Another award for achievement in character went to Lady Dimitrescu from Resident Evil Village after Maggie Robinson won Performance of the Year for her portrayal of the character at The Game Awards.
Here is the full list of winners at the 25th annual DICE Awards in 2022:
- Achievement in Animation – Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
- Outstanding Achievement in Art Direction – Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
- Family Game of the Year – Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
- Outstanding Technical Achievement – Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
- Action Game of the Year – Halo Infinite
- Online Game of the Year – Halo Infinite
- Immersive Reality Game of the Year – Lone Echo 2
- Immersive Reality Technical Achievement – Lone Echo 2
- Achievement in Audio Design – Returnal
- OAchievement in Original Music Composition – Returnal
- Outstanding Achievement in Story – Guardians of the Galaxy
- Adventure Game of the Year – Guardians of the Galaxy
- Outstanding Achievement in Character – Resident Evil Village for Lady Dumitrescu
- Outstanding Achievement in Game Direction – Deathloop
- Fighting Game of the Year – Guilty Gear Strive
- Racing Game of the Year – Forza Horizon 5
- Role-Playing Game of the Year – Final Fantasy 14: Endwalker
- Sports Game of the Year – Mario Golf: Super Rush
- Outstanding Achievement for an Independent Game – Unpacking
- Strategy/Simulation Game of the Year – Age of Empires 4
- Mobile Game of the Year – Pokemon Unite
- Outstanding Achievement in Game Design – It Takes Two
- Game of the Year – It Takes Two
2021 was a good year for major game releases, but there weren’t a lot of big games out that year. Having a lot of awards goes to many different games in categories where every game should be there. In this picture, you can see how many good nominations there are all over the place.
At the Game Awards in December, It Takes Two won the big prize. Charming and fun, it is an adventure game that won a DICE Award for great game design, making it clear what the game’s strengths are. It Takes Two is a full co-op game and a game made for co-op play. Which is rare in today’s single-player campaign games.
Many big games have already come out this year, like Horizon Forbidden West and the Elden Ring. There are also a lot of big games coming later this year. Such as Starfield and God of War Ragnarok. Next year’s DICE Awards could be a lot tenser because 2022 will be a big year for gaming.