Prevent Startup Discord from Loading: Are there multiple apps or software that appear on your screen as pop-ups when you open your device? If so, Discord will automatically update their software as soon as your device boots. Discord is one of the most popular VOIP services.
Discord doesn’t take up much RAM space, unlike Chrome. However, Discord defaults to launch when it starts up. This setting may even be helpful if you’re a regular Discord user.
This setting might not work if Discord is installed on a device at work that opens when you start it up. Here’s how to stop Discord opening at startup
Table of Contents
How to stop Discord from Opening at Startup
Prevent Startup Discord from Loading
There are two main ways to stop Discord from starting as soon as your device boots. Let’s begin with the first.
Method 1 Discord Settings
- Discord is your place.
- To open the settings, click on the gear to the right side of the microphone.
- Scroll down to navigate through Windows Settings.
- You can click on Window settings to see three options for tweaking.
- You can toggle the open discord setting.
- This should prevent Discord’s startup.
You can toggle between background settings, which might consume a small amount of RAM. Scroll to the end for another way to prevent Discord from opening at startup.
Method 2: Task manager
- To launch your task manager, press Alt + Ctrl+ Del.
- Next, click the Startup tab.
- Right-click Discord to select the disable option.
- This will stop Discord from launching and running its updates on boot up.
Discord will not start if you have disabled its window settings.
This is how to prevent Discord from opening at startup. Was this guide helpful? Check out our Discord Guidelines here at Gamer Sports.