Get Discord on Oculus Quest 2: Oculus Quest 2 has increased recently, as people have given it to other people in the Christmas season.
Then, there’s a different platform that’s gaining a lot of attention, and it’s Discord, which brings us to the issue of how you get Discord for Oculus Quest 2. This is everything you should be aware of.
How do I get the Discord App on Oculus Quest 2?
Are you able to download and install Discord as a standalone application on Oculus Quest 2? Unfortunately, no, it’s not possible.
However, there are two ways to install and run Discord on Oculus Quest 2. These are:
- Discord using a Virtual Desktop
- Discord using the SideQuest
Although there isn’t an official Discord application available through the Oculus Store, we can’t say for sure the possibility of it making it to the store shortly.
Should Facebook Technologies and Discord Inc decide to join forces, users should expect the app for Oculus Quest 2.
However, at the moment, it is unlikely, considering that FaceBook provides almost all of the features available in Discord and will not permit Discord to take over the functions of Discord directly.
Utilizing Discord through a Virtual Desktop
There’s a method you can use the microphone to talk to other users, and that’s via using the virtual Desktop.
This Virtual Desktop app is available on Oculus.com. With it, the Virtual Desktop, you can connect wirelessly to your computer.
You can then browse the internet and then connect to Discord.com. Plus, you can play games and stream movies!
Here are a few highlights:
- You can stream or download regular 180/360 videos directly from your computer in the tab Videos.
- It is compatible with many laptops and PCs that run Windows 10 or macOS Mojave.
- A microphone passthrough option is offered.
- PCVR game streaming requires using a VR Ready computer that has Windows 10.
If this sounds like exactly what you’re looking for, then the software is available for download right here.
Discording using SideQuest
Another option is you download the Discord application and install SideQuest.
- Connect your headset to the internet and then click the icon for the folder with an arrow down in the upper right corner of the SideQuest screen.
- Then, select the APK from the downloads.
- Let it install.
- In the meantime, Search the Package and check to see if Discord appears there.
- Switch on your headset, and under Applications, choose unknown sources > search for Discord.
- Log in to your existing account and enable Discord to connect to the microphone.
- Allow the overlay If you’d like.
- This is how you can utilize Discord with Oculus Quest2 (but you do so at your own risk).
It’s all about Discord VR. If you’re interested to learn how to use Minecraft with Oculus Quest 2.
How you can charge your headset and controllers and how to cast it to Roku TV and Roku TV, we’ve provided you with all the information you need.