Backup Elden Ring Save File If Steam Cloud Desyncs: The nightmare of all souls-borne players. You’ve put in more than 20 hours playing this sport, trying to master new techniques, defeating difficult bosses, and collecting items, and then the game stops synchronizing with your Steam Cloud.
Your efforts are all down the drain. Terrifying, right? Be safe from this possibility with a backup copy of your game’s progress. This is how you can backup to your Elden Ring saved game files.
Elden Ring How to backup your Game File Manually? Game File Manually
To prevent hours of gaming from being lost because of an issue with Steam Cloud desync or conflict, Here’s what you can do to save your Elden Ring save game files. The default location where your files are held is C:\Users\your username\AppData\Roaming\EldenRing.
Backup Elden Ring Save File If Steam Cloud Desyncs
Backup your Save Locally on your PC
How do you generate backup files to Steam games:
- Start the Steam application and then go towards Library. Library.
- Just right-click the name of the game and select Properties.
- Go to the Local Files tab and choose the Backup Game Files.
- Select which game you wish to back up and select Next.
- Locate the folder in which you wish to save backup files. By default, they’ll be held in the folder c: Program Files (x86)\Steam\Backups.
- Then select next and provide the Backup file an alias. Make sure to set the size of the backup file and then click Next.
- Then, click on Next to begin the backup process, and after that, click the Open Backup Folder to review them.
Be aware that if you wish to back up your entire installation, it is necessary to ensure that the backup copies of each custom file are stored in these folders. The path is as follows:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\(game name)\
- Custom Configuration scripts, configurations
- “downloads” – Customized Content for Multiplayer Games
- “maps” custom maps that download or installed in multiplayer games
- “materials” – Custom skins and textures
- Save – Single-player saved games
If you experience a crash in your game is crashing when you get an error message that states your locally saved files that conflict with Steam Cloud. Be sure to look up the date of the Last Update and the date of every commit.
- To download the saved data from the Cloud, select the saved files you wish to keep playing around with. After you’re confident that you have chosen the correct file, click “Download” to the machine.
- However, if you wish to download your local saved file, hit upload to Steam Cloud.
In a video game-like Elden Ring, the possibility of losing your progress and saving files can cause you to shed your hair. The backup save files will provide you with some comfort in the event of a disaster.