Azealia banks respond to manager Jeff Kwatinetz’s lawsuit for libel.
Nearly a year later, she initially filed a lawsuit for defamation and stalking by her former manager. Azealia Banks has responded by filing a cross-complaint, accusing the Prospect Park label boss of pretending to be a “romantic suitor” to “steal” from her.
In a new document obtained from Rolling Stone, Banks says Jeff Kwatinetz was 49 and single when he presided in the “egregious” deal-making process in 2014.
Also, it provided his company with an exclusive 15-year license for her album Broke with Expensive Taste.
According to her most recent application on Los Angeles County Superior Court, this was an album that she had previously owned. However, it was produced and paid for by a different record label.
However, Kwatinetz claims that the firm and the owner “failed for years” to pay her the right amount of the earnings generated by her albums.
“[Kwatinetz] attempted to control and manipulate Banks so he could eventually steal from her, by charming the 23-year-old from Harlem and attempting to convince her that he loved her,” the filing says.
Also, mention “He would repeatedly tell her in e-mails that he loved her, had sleepovers with her and sent her gifts.”
To his side, Kwatinetz first sued Banks for stalking and defamation. 24th, 2020. He sought to end the civil lawsuit in March.
Additionally, he filed a second complaint on Sept. 20, 2021, with the same allegations of trade libel, defamation, and stalking. He claimed it was threatening his wife and his young child.
The next court hearing, in this case, is scheduled for Feb. 1. So we’ll know when we find out who is right or who should be held accountable for this ongoing going and coming, which has been taking place for the past year.